sábado, 15 de noviembre de 2008

LOL

I have had an epiphany! Not really...just something I believed to be mildly interesting. Texting one of my close friends (name disclosed for privacy purposes), I have realized that the sophisticated acronym L.O.L . has ripened drastically. Laugh Out Loud- a pop culture icon; used by someone in every culture, race, country, and social class has gone from being used for something that is genuinely sidesplitting, to various morphed evolutions. It has been used to lighten the tone of a comment, as to abstain from sounding melancholy, furious or dreary; to becoming one of the answers of monotony, making the "I don't really want to talk right now" responses a trio of awkward-turtles; yes, no and l.o.l. It has even gone as far as to become to wax into a piteous space-filler; vacant conversations of l.o.l. this and l.o.l. that; whilst everyone knowing the person isn't truly laughing out loud time after time.
now the few happenings were ONE truly l.o.l have to be expressed in a way akin to "LOL LOL LOL!"
then again all of this could just be me. :p

6 comentarios:

Beto dijo...

good work sherlock :)
lol jk. Yes i do u lol alot for random...various reasons..lol..like right ther to sound less stupid.

(And no..u arent texting me. a turtle with ur phone is textin me!)

Beto dijo...

OH DAMN! IM ON UR ACCOUNT! U SILLY BUG, WHY DIDNT U LOGG URSELF OUT?

Beto dijo...

GEE I CANT REMMEBER MY PASSWORD!
OMG DID U WRITE THAT LAST BLOG OR DID I!???!!!

Jake W dijo...

Hey I'm gonna haga a comentario on this because that was interesting and recently I've been thinking along the same lines on the usage of lol. I know like 3/4 of the time when I type it I'm definitely not laughing. Interesante, Roberto

L. M. Peifer dijo...

I really did laugh out loud when reading this.

Thomas dijo...

This was a fun blog to read. I don't text or chat very much, but I agree with you on the use of lol. I'm almost never actually laughing: just commenting on something that's mildly amusing.