viernes, 21 de noviembre de 2008

Letter to Antigone

To Antigone,
My dearest sister, I have reflected upon your plant to go against our uncle's will and bury our brother Polyneices and everything else you had told me.
It was not an easy choice to make when I told you I did not want to help, and now, a wave of regret has come upon me. I have realized that what i said was both cruel and disloyal to the memory of my sibling, and if you would be willing to accept it, I would like to help you, and I make an oath to you that my mind will not falter and I will do everything I possibly can to aid you in our brother's rescue.
Our brother Polyneices loved Thebes, although he waged war against it , I now realize he only chose to do so because he truly believed he would be a better ruler and bring more prosperity to his people. He deserves to be properly put to rest, to properly live in the after world.
I hope that you will allow me to pursue my altered decision, because I, my dear sister, love my brother, and you as well. Please forgive my previous ignorance, although I know I do not deserve pity.

Your loving sister,
Ismene

No hay comentarios: